Saturday 29 October 2016

Daughter of Smoke & Bone


Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) 

I really struggled with this book. It has such good ratings I wanted to finish it so I persevered. It did get better however overall I’m glad I only paid the special offer price of 99p not £4.99. I’m normally a fan of fantasy books but one thing I didn’t like about this book was the names of the characters, I would have preferred something catchier. The storyline was good however I found myself wanting to put the book down a lot and struggling to pick it back up. I have to say my opinion certainly does not reflect the majority of readers and I guess this shows that books are about the individual person.
Karou lives in the human world but has connections to the magical one. She was raised by the magical world but has only dipped her toe into the unknown. She lives in Prague and loves to fill her time with art. She runs errands for the creatures that raised her when they call and doesn’t ask any questions. Her life is a mystery even to her but the truth doesn’t always set you free. The truth isn’t always what you want to hear.

This book is 1 of 3 and is an unfinished story. The books are all £4.99 in price which I think is expensive. 

3 stars out of 5.

418 pages. £4.99 kindle or £2.80 paperback
Published September 27th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment